You are invited to join the fellowship of FUMC in strategic daily prayers in your home.
We encourage you to print this guide to be available and useful to unite us in common prayer.
“The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”
– James 5:16b
“Give ear to my words, O Lord,
Consider my meditation.
Give heed to the voice of my cry,
My King and my God,
For to you I will pray.
My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord;
In the morning I will direct it to You,
And I will look up. Amen”
– Psalm 5: 1-3
- Pray for yourself, for specific family members and friends.
- Pray for our church pastors, staff, leaders and their families. Pray for leadership to find creative ways through the Holy Spirit for outreach to our congregation and community.
- Pray for our online and virtual ministries to work properly to engage many more in worship and Bible study.
- Pray for the small businesses in our community to survive the pandemic and that their employees will be able to return to good jobs. Reach out to a specific business and let them know you are praying for them.
- Pray for the organizations that help supply food and provisions to sustain those in need. Pray for the volunteers who make that happen through their time or donations.
- Pray for the specific needs of those who are in greater danger isolated during the pandemic from domestic violence or battles of addiction- especially for children and the aged.
- Pray for the first responders and essential workers for stress relief, and provisions to maintain their personal health and that of their families.
- Pray for wisdom, discernment, and collaboration of local, state, and federal government leaders for policies that will guide us safely through this crisis.
- Pray for the global community of doctors, scientists, and research teams to find a cure and vaccine for COVID-19.