You are invited to join the fellowship of FUMC in strategic daily prayers in your home.
We encourage you to print this guide to be available and useful to unite us in common prayer.
“The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”
– James 5:16b
“Give ear to my words, O Lord,
Consider my meditation.
Give heed to the voice of my cry,
My King and my God,
For to you I will pray.
My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord;
In the morning I will direct it to You,
And I will look up. Amen”
– Psalm 5: 1-3
- Pray for yourself, for specific family members and friends.
- Pray for our church pastors, staff, leaders and their families.
- Pray for the organizations that help supply food and provisions to sustain those in need. Pray for the volunteers who make that happen through their time or donations.
- Pray for the specific needs of those who are in greater danger during the pandemic from depression, domestic violence, or battles of addiction.
- Pray for the first responders and essential workers for their personal safety, good health, stress relief, and provisions for financial peace. Look for opportunities to encourage these heroes.
- Pray for wisdom, discernment, and collaboration of local, state, and federal government leaders for policies that will guide us safely through this COVID crisis.
- Pray for the global community of doctors, scientists, and research teams to find a cure and vaccine for COVID-19.
- Pray for our school district leaders as they plan the varied strategies for school reopening to meet the needs of the students and their families. Also pray for protection of the health of their teachers, school staff, and the students.
- Pray for the hearts of our nation as we address the racial issues affecting our communities. All of God’s children matter, but when one group feels like all but theirs does the focus of our prayers should be with and for them. Pray with the love God shows ALL of his children equally.